Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Once our crew has completed the inspection and damage assessment step, the next step in the water restoration process is water extraction. This is one of the most crucial steps as our SERVPRO of La Grange Park/North Riverside crew removes the majority of the water. Our team uses truck-mounted vacuums and powerful pumps to remove the water from your Westchester, IL property as quickly as possible.
Don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO of La Grange Park/North Riverside team a call for your water removal and restoration needs today. Our crew can quickly make your water damage seem "Like it never even happened."
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of La Grange Park / North Riverside can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.